VETERAN’S CRITICAL ASSISTANCE GRANT APPLICATION
The Purple Heart Foundation (PHF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that raises funds to support our nation’s veterans and their families. Over the past 60 years, the Foundation has funded important programs, services and more.
- PURPOSE: To provide emergency financial assistance to eligible veterans and their families.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Grant recipient must be either: (a) an honorably discharged veteran and be able to provide a copy of his/her DD2214 when requested; or (b) the immediate family member of a service member who died while serving in a time of conflict. All applicants must submit a completed Veteran’s Critical Assistance Grant application. Priority for assistance will be given to Purple Heart recipients, disable veterans, other veterans and Gold Star families, in that order.
- TYPE & SCOPE
- Veterans Critical Assistance Grants funds may be used for emergency debts such as, but are not limited to, rent, utilities, car repairs, medical payments and more. Veterans Critical Assistance Grant funds are paid directly to the creditor by the Purple Heart Foundation, not to the veteran.
- Grant funds cannot be used for expenses such as major home repairs, auto replacements, taxes, past-due child support, fines of any kind, or credit card debt.
- GRANT CONDITIONS:
- Grant requests will be limited to $2,500.00 or less. Applicants must not have received an emergency assistance grant from the Purple Heart Foundation in the past.
- In case of debt relief, copies of past-due notices and/or cut-off notices must be provided. In some cases, permission must be given to the Purple Heart Foundation staff to verify the debt. All funds will be paid directly to the creditor by the Purple Heart Foundation. No funds will be given directly to the grant recipient.
- Those receiving grant funds are required to sign the grant acceptance and publicity release forms provided by the Purple Heart Foundation prior to receiving the grant.
After award of the grant, grant recipients will be asked to provide a written testimonial to the Purple Heart Foundation that can be used to encourage potential donors to contribute to the program.
- If the above conditions are not met, the Purple Heart Foundation reserves the right to deny or revoke the grant.
To submit the application or if you have any questions regarding qualifications, please reach out to the Purple Heart Foundation Administrator, Tina Tomsey, at [email protected] or by calling 703-635-3528. Please note, while we aim to provide aid to as many veterans as possible, all applications will be subject to a strict review process for approval and availability of funds as budgeted for monthly allocation.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact:
Purple Heart Foundation
P.O. Box 49
Annandale, VA 22003
Phone: (703) 635-3528
Email: [email protected]